DlOSPYROS WHYTEANA (Bladder-nut, Blackbark, wild coffee, Swartbas, Bostolbos)
Trunk and branches:
Environmental conditions :
Pests and diseases :
- Caterpillars: spray with Folithion
- Snout beetles : handpicking is the most successful control. Carbaspray is recommended.
- Mites : spray with Folithion or Kelthane.
- We have seldom seen any fungus infections. Benlate may be used if required.
DlOSPYROS LYCIODES (Bluebush, Bloubos)
DIOSPYROS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES THAN SOUTH AFRICA
- Trees of Southern Africa by Keith Coates Palgrave.
- Four Seasons of Bonsai by Kyuzo Murata.